Our new deepwater construction vessel (DCV) Aegir was christened during a festive ceremony in September 2013. This latest addition to our fleet is capable of executing complex infrastructure and pipeline projects in ultra-deep water and has sufficient lifting capacity to install fixed platforms in relatively shallow water. The design is a customized Ulstein Sea of Solutions SOC 5000.
|Length overall||210 m||689 ft|
|Width||46.2 m||151 ft|
|Operating draft||9 - 11 m||29.5 - 36 ft|
|Transit draft||8 m||26.3 ft|
The living quarters are equipped to accommodate 289 persons in single and double cabins, with a maximum of 305 persons.
Aegir has life-saving equipment on board for 399 people.
- Type: Pipelay tower for J-lay and Reeling.
- J-lay: Quad joints, 32” OD Top tension 2000 t.
- R-lay: 2 x 2,000 t reels capacity, 16” OD, 800 t top tension.
- A&R system: 2,000 t capacity.
- Deep water lowering: 3,500 m waterdepth, active and passive system heave compensation up to 750 t.
Heavy Lift Crane
- Type: Revolving mast type crane.
- Boom length: 125 m.
- Capacity revolving: 4000 t between 17 m and 40 m radius; 1500 t at 78 m radius.
- Lifting height: 96 m above main deck.
- Maximum radius: 79 m.
- Auxiliary Hoist: 750 t at 23 - 92 m radius.
- Whip hoist: 110 t at 31 - 123 m radius.
Two (2) knuckle boom cranes, each 40 t SWL at 20 m radius and 5 t at 40 m radius. Man riding certified.
ROVs and LARS
ROV: Two (2) ROV work class systems, launchable from ROV hangars at starboard and port side.
LARS: Two (2) launch and recovery systems inside the ROV hangars suitable for 3500 m waterdepth.
Main power: 48 MW total main power plant consisting of six diesel generators rated at 8 MW.
Emergency power: One emergency diesel generator set rated at 1600 kW.
Station Keeping / Propulsion System
- Two (2) 6.5 MW fixed pitch, variable speed, underwater de-mountable thrusters for main propulsion and DP.
- Four (4) 3.2 MW fixed pitch, variable speed, retractable thrusters for DP.
- One (1) 2.5 MW fixed pitch, variable speed tunnel thruster for DP and maneuvering.
DP system: DP class 3 system