As a fast-moving heavy lift vessel, Aegir offers unique offshore transport, installation, and removal solutions. Aegir is one of the world's largest monohull crane vessel and has a proven track record across a wide range of offshore projects. Optimized for fast transit speed, Aegir can mobilize worldwide and work in any water depth.
Due to Aegir's retractable thrusters, shallow draft, and extensive clear deck space, the vessel has the possibility to load-out directly from the quayside and transport on deck, reducing both yard and transport costs. While on location, Aegir's DP3 dynamic positioning system provides accurate and stable positioning. The vessel has a lifting capacity of 5.000 metric tons, and the option to use a split main crane block offers flexibility by allowing the upending of tall structures and long piles, similar to Heerema's dual crane vessels.
|Length overall||210 m||689 ft|
|Width||46.2 m||151 ft|
|Operating draft||9 - 11 m||29.5 - 36 ft|
|Transit draft||8 m||26.3 ft|
The living quarters are equipped to accommodate 289 persons in single and double cabins, with a maximum of 305 persons.
Aegir has life-saving equipment on board for 399 people.
Heavy Lift Crane
- Type: Revolving mast type crane.
- Boom length: 125 m.
- Capacity revolving: 5,000 mT between 17 m and 40 m radius; 1,500 mT at 78 m radius.
- Lifting height: 96 m above main deck.
- Maximum radius: 79 m.
- Auxiliary Hoist: 750 mT at 23 - 92 m radius.
- Whip hoist: 110 t at 31 - 123 m radius.
Two (2) knuckle boom cranes, each 40 mT SWL at 20 m radius and 5 mT at 40 m radius. Man riding certified.
ROVs and LARS
ROV: Two (2) ROV work class systems, launchable from ROV hangars at starboard and port side.
LARS: Two (2) launch and recovery systems inside the ROV hangars suitable for 3500 m waterdepth.
Main power: 48 MW total main power plant consisting of six diesel generators rated at 8 MW each.
Emergency power: One emergency diesel generator set rated at 1731 kW.
Station Keeping / Propulsion System
- Two (2) 6.5 MW fixed pitch, variable speed, underwater de-mountable thrusters for main propulsion and DP.
- Four (4) 3.2 MW fixed pitch, variable speed, retractable thrusters for DP.
- One (1) 2.5 MW fixed pitch, variable speed tunnel thruster for DP and maneuvering.
DP class 3 system